Episode Sneak Peek:
“There are things that people are super good at that I’m not. If we’re continually telling people we have it all together, there’s no way for us to help each other.”
What's In This Episode:
There can be this pressure to have it all figured out before you begin. Sometimes, though, the best thing you can do is to just start and learn as you go.
In this episode, I sit down with Rachel Allene to hear her story. She shares about how feeling unfulfilled in her career after college led to her quitting her job with no plans other than to start a business. With no business plan, no business bank account, and nothing "official", she set up office at her dining room table and got to work.
In a short amount of time, Rachel went from photographing weddings to running a successful product-based business. We talk about separating your worth from the numbers, giving yourself grace on the hard days, and learning as you go. Rachel also recently announced that she was pregnant with her and her husband's first child. So, we talk about the fears and uncertainty around this new chapter of her life and her plans for business in the coming 9 months.
“It can be really hard when you put your heart and soul into an item, and then you launch it and you hear crickets.”
Rachel shares the un-pretty realities of...
- Struggling to find a job in a small town and not knowing what she wanted
- Starting a business without a business bank account or a plan
- Panicking about unhappy clients, broken products, and shipping
- Launching new products and getting no response or sales
And the crazy, inspiring ways she...
- Re-discovered her love of lettering
- Learned as she went and built a successful business that she loves
- Lives her mission to empower women through coaching
- Realized that it’s okay to rest as an entrepreneur
“When you can be intentional with your business, people are drawn to that because they want to see realness.”
Share your favorite inspiration from this episode on social media and use #GritandGlitterPodcast.
“I’m more than a business owner. In my resume of roles I fill, it’s actually on the bottom.”
In this episode, you'll learn the GRIT + GLITTER of...
- Managing the hard parts of a growing business
- Dealing with heartfelt launches that aren’t successful
- Finding your worth outside of your business
- Giving yourself grace as a business owner
- Preparing for maternity leave as an entrepreneur