Episode Sneak Peek:
"I remember feeling very broken. I was like "what did I get myself into?".
What's In This Episode:
The most vulnerable parts of our stories are the ones where we feel most alone.
In today’s episode, I’m sitting down with Paulene Cruse. Paulene is a sweet friend that I’ve known for several years now. But in today’s episode, she opens up about parts of her story I’ve never heard before.
She shares the story of being inspired by the work she did for her own wedding, and how that grew into her launching her own custom calligraphy business. She also shares the process of deciding to leave her full-time job and take this business full-time.
And then, it gets really stinkin’ vulnerable. This may be the most heart-shaking conversation I’ve ever had on the podcast. I cried while listening. I cried again while editing. Grab the tissues, sweet people. Paulene opens up about her experience of becoming a mom and how she didn’t feel the way she expected to feel. And it’s one of the most beautiful, vulnerable truths I think I’ve ever heard shared on the podcast.
“If you’re unhappy where you are. Know that you won’t be there forever.”
Paulene shares the un-pretty realities of...
- Being afraid of failure as an entrepreneur
- Having a baby soon after going into her business full time
- Feeling guilty that she didn’t have an instant connection with her child
And the crazy, inspiring ways she...
- Jumped into her own business to avoid regret
- Recognized that her feelings were OK and let them pass
- Found self-love and body positivity after the birth of her child
- Opened herself up to any kind of work she felt excited about
“If you don’t try new things, you’re going to lose sight of why you started to begin with.”
Share your favorite inspiration from this episode on social media and use #GritandGlitterPodcast.
Feeling guilty for not feeling the way you should can be incredibly overwhelming. Pauline opens up about how it feels and what helped her accept the way she felt no matter what.
“I don’t want to come from a place where my heart isn’t in it. If my heart isn’t in it, I’m not giving my best to this person.”
In this episode, you'll learn the GRIT + GLITTER of...
- Not feeling the way everyone says you should feel
- Practicing self-love despite the judgement of others
- Finding purpose in your business after becoming a mother
- Turning down business opportunities that don’t excite you
Have you experienced guilt for not feeling the way you expected to feel?
Episode 47 Mantra:
“It’s OK to feel all the feelings and let them pass.”
Because we all need a kickass reminder. If you're new to mantras, practice saying them/writing them down throughout your day. Use them as the reminder or inspiration you need in the morning, during the day, or at night.