Episode Sneak Peek:
"Don't give up on your dreams because you see other people doing it."
What's In This Episode:
Hooray for the first week of season two! This season is full of even more kickass ladies who are opening up about the real, raw, un-pretty parts of life and business.
Joining us for the first Thursday episode of 2017 is Ginny Krauss. She’s a brand and marketing strategist for creatives with three businesses! So how do you go from even running one business to running three? Ginny has all the juicy details.
While her journey sounds exciting and almost even easy, it was anything but. I asked Ginny to share the really hard parts of business that we wouldn’t see on social media. She also shares her exciting story of moving to Germany for love and her life now as a mompreneur, living and working abroad.
We also talk a lot about balancing online connections with offline friendships. Ginny gets real and raw sharing her own less-than-perfect experiences and her tips for finding a community.
“There were many times I wanted to quit. There were many times I cried and I thought, I can’t do this.”
Ginny shares the un-pretty realities of...
- Feeling like an outsider in the wedding industry
- Wondering if her blog would ever be enough and if anyone was reading it
- Dealing with clients who weren’t a great fit and letting them go
- Missing offline loved ones in a foreign country
And the crazy, inspiring ways she...
- Created a second business from the needs of current clients
- Built a team to manage her first business so she could shift her focus
- Started a third business with an accountability partner
- Had a baby throughout her business journey
- Found a community online and dealt with loneliness offline
“If there’s something you truly want to do, find a way to make it happen. Don’t give up on your dreams if you’re seeing other people do it. You need to shut other people out and focus on you.”
Share your favorite inspiration from this episode on social media and use #GritandGlitterPodcast.
As an American living in Germany, Ginny knows the troubles of loneliness as an entrepreneur to a greater extent than the rest of us. With the time she spends on her business and with her child, offline relationships are harder to come by. We had such a great conversation about balancing friendships and keepin’ it real online and offline.
“I would never want someone to listen to my story and think, wow she just made it happen.”
In this episode, you'll learn the GRIT + GLITTER of...
- Taking the leap into entrepreneurship over and over again
- Finding joy in your business and blog with a heart-centered purpose
- Creating friendships through a Facebook community
- Keeping it real in your business with the power of Insta Stories
Do you struggle with balancing online & offline relationships?
Episode 44 Mantra:
I can do this.
Because we all need a kickass reminder. If you're new to mantras, practice saying them/writing them down throughout your day. Use them as the reminder or inspiration you need in the morning, during the day, or at night.