What's In Today's Episode:
I know what it feels like to be overwhelmed by fear, uncertainty, and change. I know what it’s like to be afraid. But the truth is, we’re all scared. No one out there who’s doing amazing shit is doing it without facing a shit ton of fear at the same time.
In today’s episode, I want to share with you what’s been going on inside of my own heart recently. As I’ve reflected on the milestones I’ve reached, I’ve spent a lot of time reflecting on the fears I faced along this journey.
We’re all reaching new milestones every day - even small ones that we easily miss, letting them pass us by without even a simple acknowledgement. But what’s more important than acknowledging the milestone is reflecting on the fears we had to face to achieve those milestones.
That’s right. We face our fears. We don’t overcome them.
I feel a heart-centered, tear-filled soul chat coming on. Will you join me?
Lauren shares the un-pretty realities of...
- Believing that fearlessness is impossible
- Being overwhelmed with doubt and fear
- Facing uncertainty and feeling stuck
- Feeling guilty because of the desire to face fears
And the crazy, inspiring ways she...
- Faced uncertainty throughout multiple career changes
- Launched a podcast and shared her story with the world
- Faced the fear of feeling like a “nobody” when reaching out to girl bosses that she admired
- Found peace with facing her fears, but not overcoming them
Certain chapters in our life are filled to the brim with uncertainty. And at this point in my life, I’m facing more than usual. But it’s a good kind of uncertainty that feels less like fear and more like unlimited possibility.
In this episode, you'll learn the GRIT + GLITTER of:
- Redefining fearless to reach those big milestones
- Finding the willingness to do the big, scary things
- Finding happiness and contentment in complete uncertainty
- Treating fear not as a scary monster, but as a beautiful, normal reality
The Raw Truth of Lauren Frontiera:
“It’s not possible to be completely fearless. I haven’t done anything without being scared and facing fears.”
“Even more important than acknowledging a milestone is to reflect back on the fears we had to face to make these dreams a reality.”
“Rather than being fearless, we should be willing to face our fears.”
“We must acknowledge that life is a series of uncertainty and change, wrapped in fear.”
“Fear doesn’t have to be this big, bad, scary monster. It can just be this beautiful reality and truth that is life.”
“We don’t have to first be fearless. We just have to be willing to face those fears.”
“We all doubt ourselves. We’re all afraid to put all our time and energy into something and it not go as planned.”
“Fear is normal. It doesn’t have to be a bad thing.”
Share your favorite inspiration from this episode on social media + use #GritandGlitterPodcast!
Help me hit my next podcast milestone!
Feeling inspired week after week? You can do 3 easy things to help me continue to grow the podcast!
1. Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes, so you won’t miss a single episode.
2. If you're loving the podcast, please leave a 5-star review on iTunes! I read every single comment!
3. Share the podcast with your friends, especially if you think it could help them, and spread the #GritandGlitterPodcast love.
Your support helps me continue to grow the podcast and do inspiring things in this space! Already done all 3? You’re a rockstar! Thank you!
Share your story in the comments.
Can you relate to being overcome with fear? I love getting to hear from you about your own stories. Comment below and share your story with me about how fear has played a role in your life.
If you missed out on the last round of the reINSPIRED course this year, don’t worry sweet dreamer. It's coming in January! Are you dreaming about kickstarting 2017 chasing those crazy, amazing dreams with me at your side? Stay tuned!